Meet Anisha S. Gosain: Hi, I am a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). I received my graduate degree (Masters in Social Work) from Rutgers University (2012) and my undergraduate degree in Psychology and Minor in Criminal Justice from Fairleigh Dickinson University (2010). I have been practicing as a therapist since 2014.
My Therapy Specialties:
- Various mental health care needs including: depression, anxiety, self-esteem, relational issues, borderline personality disorder, stress management, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) obsessive compulsive disorder, grief and loss, Bipolar Disorder, interpersonal relationships.
- Complex trauma and abuse relating to domestic violence, sexual trauma, childhood trauma, intergenerational trauma.
- Alcohol and Substance Use and co-occurring disorders; relapse prevention, 12-step NA/AA programs and mental health care needs.
What drew me to this work: As a second generation South Asian growing up in New Delhi, India and in New Jersey I have witnessed a lot of disparity and stigma against mental health. As I grew up the desire to work on creating awareness and eradicating stigma against mental health gave me the inspiration to become a psychotherapist. From an early age I have been passionate about advocating for those who are unable to do so for themselves out of fear of judgment or lack of resources. I started off volunteering as a mentor for underprivileged children in New Delhi and moved on to working with nonprofit organizations in New Jersey as a facilitator of support groups in the mental health field.
As a practicing clinician I have been determined to provide therapeutic services to those who seek guidance, assurance and have the aspiration to live a healthy and fulfilled life. We all have the capabilities to face challenges and change to become the best versions of ourselves. Sometimes, we just need someone to believe, advocate and support us. That is what I hope to do!
My style: client centered, patient and congenial. I aspire to conduct sessions in a comfortable and non-judgmental environment working collaboratively with the clients. I practice utilizing evidence based therapy techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, motivational interviewing, dialectical behavioral therapy and integrated family systems approach. Each individual, couple, family needs a different approach therefore I match the need of the person(s) served to the appropriate therapeutic technique.
Services I offer: individual, couple and family therapy, both in person and virtual sessions for residents of New Jersey.
- Licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) # 44SC05772200
- Trained in CBT, DBT, Motivational interviewing, Stress management, Relapse prevention,
- Certification from Rutgers University: Violence against Women and Children (VAWC) 2012.
- Assessment: NJSAMS, ASAM level of care determination, Bio-psycho-social assessments, ACE score, Becks Depression Inventory.
- Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Urdu. Partially fluent in Punjabi.