Meet Ann Basta: Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Social Worker (LSW). I attended St. John’s University for my undergraduate studies. I received my medical degree from Windsor University School of Medicine and my graduate degree in Social Work from Monmouth University. I’ve been in practice as since 2018.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with young adults and adults dealing with:
- Anxiety, Relationship Conflict, Depression, Domestic Violence, Eating Disorders, Family Issues, Panic, Premarital Counseling, PTSD, Substance Abuse and Trauma.
- I also have a particular interest in working with those who struggle with food addiction and weight loss issues.
What drew me to this work:
My effectiveness as a therapist comes from the passion for helping people. It is also enhanced by my education and personal experience. My personal journey includes losing 200lbs by transforming my lifestyle. I spent my whole life being overweight and at age 31, weighing 370lbs and unable to walk for more than a few minutes, I decided to make major changes. I had attempted and successfully lost weight many times before but never found long term success. With specialized therapy and support, I was able to make the mental change necessary to sustainably transform my life. I want to show others that anything is possible and that it is never too late. This process can be applied to weight loss or any other changes you want to make in your life.
Both my personal and educational experience lend themselves to how I practice. Weight loss goals and lifestyle changes can be approached from multiple perspectives. We work together to realize that you deserve the best quality of life. Let us start the journey of becoming your true self.
Warm, casual, engaged, direct, humorous. As a therapist, I believe that everyone requires a personalized approach. I specialize in being able to work with my clients to design a plan that effectively deals with the issue, while considering the factors that make us unique. I provide a safe, judgement free place where we can explore thoughts, emotions and behaviors. The purpose can be whatever you want it to be. There is no wrong way to do therapy.
Services I offer: In-person individual, couple, and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Ann Basta Credentials:
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW): License #44SL06428500
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Trauma Informed Care, Psychoanalysis, and Family Systems Theory.
- Credentials: MD, LSW
- Supervisor: Shelene Gross, LCSW, LCADC, CCS
- Languages : English and Arabic