Meet Ashley Kussman, LPC:
Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I received my undergraduate degree from New York University and my graduate degree in Forensic Mental Health Counseling from City University of New York’s John Jay College. I’ve been in practice since 2012.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with individuals, couples, and families dealing with:
- Developmental and complex trauma, PTSD, early childhood and relational trauma, anger management, high-conflict relationships, substance abuse, self-harm, OCD, and grief/loss concerns.
- I also have a particular interest in, and I am fully rostered in Child-Parent Psychotherapy. This is a dyadic therapy that helps children and families recover from a traumatic event.
What drew me to this work:
I have always believed that one should not have to sit alone in their pain and that it is in connection that we heal. I was drawn to this work when I began to realize that those who are in the deepest pain tend to get left behind when connection, understanding, and support is most needed. Therapy offers the means to heal in a relationship what has been hurt in a relationship.
I am warm, personable, and genuine by nature. Creating an emotionally safe space to promote a client’s well-being and engagement in the therapeutic process is my priority. I utilize a psychodynamic approach to treatment from an attachment-based perspective. I integrate talk therapy, sensorimotor, and systems techniques in my work to serve the unique needs of individual clients.
Services I offer:
In-person therapy for individuals, couples, families, and dyads as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey
Ashley Kussman’s Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), License #37PC00596100
- Child-Parent Psychotherapy Rostered Provider.
- Fully trained in Attachment, Regulation, Competency (ARC) framework.
- Languages spoken: English