Meet James Bencivenga: Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a licensed Professional Counselor and Addictions Therapist. I received my undergraduate degree from Kutztown University and my graduate degree from John Jay College. I’ve been in practice since 2014.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with teens, adults, couples, and families dealing with: anxiety, depression, personality disorders, life transitions, self-esteem, relationship/family issues, substance abuse, trauma, and OCD.
I also have a particular interest in working with those who identify as and struggle with anger and unresolved grief.
What drew me to this work: We, as people, want to feel understood. This is what motivated me to want to help clients find their voice and empower them to utilize the strengths they already possess to improve their lives.
My style: I’m not the professional in the room. You are. You’ve lived your life. You know what’s worked and what hasn’t. Life is not only challenging, but complex and one approach does not suit everyone. The relationship between you and your therapist is essential for the best possible outcome in therapy. I take a Rogerian Client-Centered Approach in my therapy, where I will provide a non-judgmental, safe, warm, and accepting environment. I view both myself and the client as the teacher and student. You will teach and educate me on the struggles you’ve faced and what they meant to you, and, working together as a team, I will then teach you strategies that could benefit you as we navigate your journey together to reach your goals.
Services I offer: In-person individual, couple, and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
James Bencivenga Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor License #37PC00600900.
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor License #37LC00271600
- List all credentials, trainings, professional organization memberships etc.
- I am trained in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Rational-Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma-
- Informed Care, Nurtured Heart, Motivational Interviewing, and mindfulness based interventions.
- Languages spoken: English