Meet Kaylee Friedman: Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC). I received my undergraduate degree in Music Education at Westminster Choir College and my graduate degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The College of New Jersey. I’ve been in practice since 2018.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with couples, adolescents, young adults, and adults dealing with.
- Anxiety, depression, self-esteem issues, life transitions such as adjusting to/from college, PTSD & trauma, and interpersonal/relational issues including boundary setting and couples counseling.
- I affirm LGBTQIA+ and non-binary individuals, am culturally aware, and support poly/open/consensually non-monogamous relationships.
What drew me to this work: Being human is hard. We all struggle to find meaning, balance, and peace within the chaos of living. I was drawn to this work through my own healing journey, and now find it an honor to walk with others on their own paths to wellness.
My style: I seek to create a warm, safe, and nonjudgmental environment where we can work to build a trusting relationship that enables us to explore your deepest self. Building self-awareness within the container of self-compassion is a prerequisite for change, and we will use a variety of activities to accomplish this goal including traditional talk therapy, mindfulness training, trauma-informed movement, contemplative practices, worksheets, bibliotherapy, and ecotherapy depending on your interests.
I draw from many different disciplines including Gottman Method Couples Counseling, Person-Centered Counseling, Attachment Theory, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and will work to build a treatment plan alongside you that reflects your goals, personal learning style, and stage of change.
Services I offer: In-person individual, couples, and online video or phone counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Kaylee Friedman’s Credentials:
- Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC), License # 37AC00490800
- Experience in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), and Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP).
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor 200HR
- Certified Reiki Practitioner Level II
- Completed Gottman Couples Therapy Level 1 Training
- Certified in Positive Psychology through University of Pennsylvania
- Member of Association for Women in Psychology; American Counseling Association; Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society