Meet Kaylee Friedman: Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC). I received my undergraduate degree in Music Education at Westminster Choir College and my graduate degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The College of New Jersey. I’ve been in practice since 2018.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with adolescents, young adults, adults, and couples dealing with:
- Anxiety, panic disorder, depression, PTSD, disordered eating, trauma, substance use disorder, and interpersonal/relational issues.
- I have a particular interest in welcoming queer and non-binary folx along with anyone who identifies as part of an oppressed group.
What drew me to this work: Being human is hard. We all struggle to find meaning, balance, and peace within the chaos of living. I was drawn to this work through my own healing journey, and now find it an honor to walk with others on their own paths to wellness.
My style: I seek to create a warm, safe, and nonjudgmental environment where we can work to build a trusting relationship that enables us to explore your deepest self. This also allows us to explore the intersections of our various identities and unpack the trauma of living in an oppressive society where “others” do not fit in with the majority.
Mental health is biopsychosocial, meaning that we must examine not only our own biology and temperaments, but the family, society, and culture that we belong to in order to fully understand our own behaviors. I believe that when we learn to integrate our physical sensations, emotions, and thoughts, a world of choice opens up to us. We are no longer reacting to life out of self-defense but have the opportunity instead to respond in ways that align with our values and keep us feeling safe and grounded. We can accomplish this through a variety of activities including traditional talk therapy, mindful movement, meditation, contemplative practices, energy work, and expressive art projects. Sessions are tailored to your individual needs and preferences.
Services I offer: In-person individual, couples, and online video or phone counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Kaylee Friedman’s Credentials:
- Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC), License # 37AC00490800
- Experience in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), and Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP).
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor 200HR
- Certified Reiki Practitioner Level II
- Certified in Positive Psychology through University of Pennsylvania
- Member of Association for Women in Psychology; American Counseling Association; Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society