Meet Nicholas Stanco: Hello! I’m a psychotherapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I received my undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice from Arizona State University, my first graduate degree in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University, and my second graduate degree in Counseling from Kean University. I’ve been in practice since 2012.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with children, adolescents, young adults, and adults dealing with:
- Anxiety, anger, conflict, behavioral and conduct issues, trauma, depression, and the like.
- I also have a particular interest in working within a play therapy model and I utilize sand tray therapy as an adjunct to play therapy. Sand tray therapy is a combination of play therapy and art therapy. I provide a tray filled with sand. The client is then given miniature toys to create a play world.
What drew me to this work: I always found myself drawn to helping others because when I was younger, help was not available to me. It is important to me to be available to all my clients and their families, because therapy is a collaborative effort.
My style: Warm, engaged, direct, relational. My clients would also agree I have a great memory because my sole focus is on you during our counseling sessions. I also believe that my clients deserve the opportunity to go at their own pace and I offer a space that allows them to do just that..
Services I offer: In-person individual, couple, and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Nicholas Stanco’s Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), License # 37PC00544200
- Anger Management Treatment Professional
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Registered Play Therapist
- EMDR Trained
- Languages Spoken: English