Meet Samantha Mackintosh, LPC:
Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I received my undergraduate degree from Stockton University and my graduate degree in clinical mental health counseling from Montclair State University. I’ve been in practice since 2017.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with adolescents, young adults, and adults dealing with:
- Depression, anxiety, trauma and abuse, PTSD, self-harm, personality disorders, major life transitions, and relationship concerns.
- I have a particular interest in working with clients struggling with loving and accepting themselves, including those with low self-esteem, body image issues, and eating disorders.
What drew me to this work:
I believe that all people have strengths born from struggle. As a person with her own history of struggles growing up, I know that some hardships are easier to navigate with help and support. Since I was young, I have had a fascination with hearing others’ stories and learning about their journey. I was drawn to this work with immense empathy for individual struggle, and with the hope of being for someone else, what I needed when I was young and struggling. I come to this work hoping to be the support someone needs to reach their goals, find their strengths, and begin to appreciate what they bring to the world.
“Turn your wounds into wisdom” – Oprah Winfrey
Warm, empathetic, direct, non-judgemental, with the ability to build great rapport based on safety, trust, and honesty. I pride myself on being able to build genuine therapeutic relationships strong enough to allow me to gently challenge my clients in session in order to help them make changes they need to live a healthier, more fulfilled life. I truly believe that everyone needs empathy for their struggles and a safe space to openly share their story, their thoughts, and their feelings in order to heal. I like to take a person-centered approach, get to know your needs, and then use a variety of evidence based treatment modalities based on those needs.
Services I offer:
In person individual and family therapy, as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Samantha Mackintosh‘s Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) License #37PC00752200
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), Certification #1000538
- NJCA Member, NEDA Trained Body Project Facilitator
- Languages spoken: English