Meet Sandy Ibrahim: Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I received my undergraduate degree in psychology & psychiatric rehabilitation from Kean University and my graduate degree in rehabilitation counseling from Rutgers University. I am currently at Rutgers University working on a PhD in counselor education and supervision. I have been in practice since 2016.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with, adolescents, transition-aged youth and adults dealing with
- Anxiety, depression, stress, relationship issues and life transitions such as adjusting to or from college, career change, marriage, and/or becoming a new parent.
- I also have a particular interest in cultural and identity struggles as related to first-generation children of immigrants. Being a child of first-generation immigrants and from the Middle Eastern community, I truly understand and respect Middle Eastern religions and cultures.
- I utilize cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and solution focused therapy.
What drew me to this work:
I have always had a desire to help people but was unsure in what capacity. I found myself often listening to people’s life experiences and working with them to help them navigate the situation. These experiences drew me to the field of counseling! We all go through challenging life events but sometimes its tough to go through them alone and may need additional support. I am always honored to be a part of someone’s life experience and journey.
“…the good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination.” – Carl Rogers
I provide person-centered therapy that focuses on your specific needs. I strive to provide a warm, safe, and non-judgmental environment where the client can feel comfortable to share their thoughts and feelings. I believe in working collaboratively with the client, as it is their journey. Together we can identify strengths and strategies to help you reach your wellness goals.
Services I offer: In-person individual and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Sandy Ibrahim’s Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), License #37PC00724400
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychosis
- Membership: ACA and NJPRA
- Languages spoken: English and Arabic