Meet Sara Bickar:Hello! I am a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I received my undergraduate degree from William Paterson University and my graduate degree from Capella University. I have been in practice since 2011.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with children (8 or older), teens, adults, and couples dealing with:
- Anxiety, depression, life transitions, LGBTQ, High Functioning Autism and Developmental Disabilities, self-esteem/coping skills, relationship issues, ADHD, and trauma.
- I also have a particular interest in those who struggle with Women’s issues including postpartum anxiety/depression and motherhood related stresses.
What drew me to this work:
The long-term desire to empower and help others find their voice to narrate their stories and work through their life challenges. We often feel misunderstood, insecure or lost. I’ve always wanted to help others advocate for themselves by providing compassionate support and understanding.
My style: My counseling approach is 100% client-centered and individualized to meet your needs at the given moment, therefore constantly changing with you. By utilizing and incorporating all types of modalities, I can better create a therapeutic relationship that will result in a positive change at a pace you, the client, is most comfortable with. This will be most beneficial for your goals and needs to be met. You navigate the sessions; my job is to simply help guide you along your journey by providing a nonjudgmental, accepting, safe space.
Services I Offer:
In-person individual and couples therapy, as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey. When working with children or teens, family work and inclusion is also integrated and imperative.
Sara Bickar’s Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC): License # 37PC00532500
- NJ Disaster Response Crisis Counselor #1212
- Trained in: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Solution Focused, Person-Centered, Psychological First Aid, Trauma, Play/Art Therapy.
- Languages Spoken: English