Meet Shelene Gross: Hello! I’m the Clinical Director at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC), and Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS). I received both my undergraduate and graduate degrees in Social Work from Rutgers University. I’ve been in practice since 2007.
As Clinical Director at Olive Branch Therapy Group, I strive to be accessible to all of our psychotherapists whenever questions or concerns may arise. Our goal is to meet every client’s needs, and I ensure our staff have supervisory support to deliver the best client services we can offer. Please feel free to reach out to me privately if you have any concerns regarding your therapist. Client satisfaction is our main priority and we have a wonderful team of therapists eager to work with you.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with teens, young adults, and adults dealing with:
- Substance Use and co-occurring disorders, anxiety, depression, trauma and PTSD, eating disorders, self-esteem issues, relationship conflicts, and life stressors.
- I also have a particular interest in working with those who struggle with both addiction and trauma. Using EMDR therapy techniques to address unresolved trauma and/or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques to address negative thinking and behaviors, we can begin to work on complex issues that have interrupted your life. I have an interest in both the abstinence and harm reduction-based approaches to managing addictive behaviors.
What drew me to this work:
I always found myself fascinated by other people’s stories. All my life I have felt drawn to those who needed a helping hand and some positivity in their lives. I like to think of myself as a change agent to help bring out the potential in those I have the privilege of meeting. I always say to my clients, “I see more potential in you than you see in yourself.” Together we embark on a journey towards self-change and realization, and I am privileged to be by your side.
Warm, engaged, direct, relational. I offer an empathic and positive environment where you are free to express all emotions. Allowing yourself the opportunity to process and move past things that may be making you feel stuck is the greatest gift you can give yourself. You are the one ultimately in charge of how your change process takes place. I am there to believe in you and help you along the way. I will be your biggest cheerleader and teach you skills and offer my expertise, but at the end of the day, you are the one doing your own healing. I will sometimes push you to limits you may think you’re not ready for, but we all must be a little uncomfortable to prove to ourselves that change is possible.
Services I offer:
In-person individual, couple, and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Shelene Gross’s Credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), License # 44SC054644500
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC), License # 37LC00173800.
- EMDR Trained by the EMDR Institute.
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness-Based approaches.
- Conduct Substance Abuse Evaluations using 3rd Edition ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) criteria to determine appropriate level of care placement and severity of use.
- Supervise LSW’s and LAC’s working on achieving their clinical licenses.
- Languages Spoken: English