Meet Suzanne Devoti, LCSW (she/her/hers):
Meet Suzanne Devoti, LCSW: Hello! I’m a therapist and the Clinical Director at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a licensed clinical social worker. I received my undergraduate degree from New York University and my graduate degree in social work from Columbia University. I’ve been in practice since 2003.
My Therapy Specialties:
I specialize in working with individuals, teens, parents, couples and families dealing with family distress, parenting issues, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and issues of grief and loss.
I also have a particular interest in coaching individuals through the lens of Bowen Family Systems Theory to effectively create meaningful change. This theory assists in exploring and understanding the identity of the self within the context of family dynamics, both through family history and through current relationships.
As the Clinical Director of Olive Branch Therapy Group, I am honored to work alongside an amazing group of talented, and specialized therapists. It is my role to provide clinical and administrative support to our therapists as well as to provide assistance to our clients throughout the therapeutic journey.
What drew me to this work
I believe that we all have the capabilities within ourselves to create change and improve our own lives. I am motivated to help others achieve their goals and be their best selves.
I am empathic, friendly, and warm, with a sense of humor. I also strive to be direct, objective and neutral. I honor the time and effort it takes for therapy to be effective, and I view the therapist-client relationship as a meaningful partnership.
Services I offer:
In-person individual, couples and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Suzanne Devoti, LCSW Credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker License # 44SC05385900
- Member National Association of Social Workers (NASW) since 2003
- Completed NASW-NJ Clinical Social Work Supervision Certification Course, 2021
- Participant in The Bowen Center for the Study of the Family, Georgetown, D.C. Postgraduate Program in Bowen Family Systems Theory and Its Applications, 2020-2022
- Completed Bowen Family Systems Theory Clinical Post-Graduate Certificate Program 2017, and Bowen Family Systems Theory Advanced Clinical Post-Graduate Certificate Program, 2018 and 2020, Rutgers University School of Social Work Continuing Education
- Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) individual and skills group through CPC Behavioral Health Care, New Jersey, 2010
- Trained in Bowen Family Systems Theory through the Princeton Family Center For Education, New Jersey, 2009
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained