Meet Suzanne Devoti: Hello! I’m a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). I received my undergraduate degree from New York University and my graduate degree in social work from Columbia University. I’ve been in practice since 2003.
My Therapy Specialties: I specialize in working with individuals, teens, parents, couples and families dealing with:
- Family distress, parenting issues, depression, anxiety, substance use, and issues of grief and loss.
- I also have a particular interest in coaching individuals through the lens of Bowen Family Systems Theory to effectively create meaningful change. This theory assists in exploring and understanding the identity of the self within the context of family dynamics, both through family history and through current relationships.
What drew me to this work: I believe that we all have the capabilities within ourselves to create change and improve our own lives. I am motivated to help others achieve their goals and be their best selves.
My style: I am empathic, friendly, and warm, with a sense of humor. I also strive to be direct, objective, and neutral. I honor the time and effort it takes for therapy to be effective, and I view the therapist-client relationship as a meaningful partnership.
Services I offer: In-person individual, couples, and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of New Jersey.
Suzanne Devoti, LCSW Credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), License # 44SC05385900
- Member of National Association of Social Workers (NASW) since 2003.
- Completed Bowen Family Systems Theory Clinical Post-Graduate Certificate Program 2017, and Bowen Family Systems Theory Advanced Clinical Post-Graduate Certificate Program, 2018, at Rutgers University School of Social Work Continuing Education.
- Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), individual and skills group, through CPC Behavioral Health Care, New Jersey, 2010.
- Trained in Bowen Family Systems Theory through the Princeton Family Center For Education, New Jersey, 2009.