Meet Emily Gilmore: Hello! I am a therapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). I received my Master of Social Work (MSW) from Boston College and have been in practice since 2015.
My Therapy Specialties:
- I specialize in working with children, teens, young adults, and families living with a range of emotional, behavioral and interpersonal struggles that impact self-esteem, relationships, and ability to cope to with life’s stressors. I have specialized training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) to support individuals looking for skill-building interventions to feel more balanced and at-ease in their day-to-day life.
- I have additional training in a variety of interventions that I tailor to individualized needs based on the whole-presenting picture. I pull from modalities such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy, and general nutritional and wellness approaches.
What drew me to this work:
A powerful combination of professional and personal experiences drew me to the work of being a therapist. I am inspired by people’s individual stories and the ways in which those narratives have shaped their lives. The courage of individuals and families to seek out support is what motivates me to do my best on a daily basis.
Like so many healers in this world; empathy and a genuine interest are vital to a successful therapeutic relationship. I hope to create a familiar and gentle space for healing each week. Often times, us humans are living life in autopilot and struggle to be mindful and aware of what past wounds are playing out in the present moment. You deserve to feel better and to feel hopeful. The hardest and most rewarding part of therapy is “…going into it and going through it, in order to come out the other side”. I am your ally while you do the work.
Services I offer: Virtual and in-person individual, couple, and family therapy for residents of New Jersey.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), #44SC05953300
- Trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy,
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Family Systems
- Languages Spoken: English